We would like to share a few words from our CEO Andrew Pilsworth, that we sent out to our entire AEC network:
“We continue to closely monitor and assess the quickly evolving circumstances related to COVID-19, and at all times, the health, safety and wellness of our team and you, our dealers, remain our highest priority. We believe that communication and transparency are critical during times of crisis and we are committed to rising to meet any challenge in order to support your business.
Business will go on and we will continue to build on the shared successes we have achieved over the years. Following are some business updates and news to keep you informed:
- FCA Production: As of March 18th, FCA has announced to have ceased production of all its North American plants until the end of March; while production is paused, the automaker will work to enhance manufacturing operations and re-evaluate it at the end of the month. We will continue to provide further updates as we receive them from the manufacturer.
- AEC Inventory: AEC currently has sufficient 2020 MY inventory in Antwerp to meet your near term demand.
- Sales: Last week we achieved our record end customer registrations since the beginning of the Dodge and Ram business.
- AEC Staff: Effective March 18th we have asked all staff, where possible, to work remotely. Your key point of contact and their contact information remain unchanged. This is a pre-emptive approach to protect our most valuable resource (our team) and the public as a whole.
- Operations: Business is running as normal and have assurances from our operating partners that contingencies are in place to continue operations as the situation develops. We will do our best to ensure you do not experience any interruption in our services however we ask for your patience, kindness and adaptability.
Despite challenges, we are happy to inform you that AEC is in an excellent position financially and operationally to weather this storm. The team has done a remarkable transitioning to Home Office to ensure we continue to provide the human touch that AEC prides itself on.
Business aside, the most important message I would like to share is that all of AEC is here for you, your families and your teams. We are problem solvers and we are rising to the occasion! If you require my support in any way please do not hesitate to reach out to me.”
In Good Health,
About Auto Export Corporation (AEC)
Auto Export Corporation (AEC) is a global automotive distributor and a service provider for OEMs and suppliers in the areas of general distribution (official FCA importer and distributor of Dodge & RAM vehicles and parts in Europe), market homologation incl. own R&D facility and processing center in Antwerp, parts distribution and warehouse, automotive consulting, automotive finance (partner of Santander Consumer Bank in key European markets), fleet operations, logistics solutions as well as retail operations. AEC has local operations and facilities in its focus markets in NAFTA, EMEA and APAC. Customers turn to AEC for its reliable solutions and existing infrastructure that includes a vast contractual network of retail dealerships and key partners in the automotive industry.
About AEC Europe – an Auto Export Corporation (AEC) Subsidiary
As an official importer of the Fiat Chrysler (FCA) Dodge & RAM branded vehicles and parts in Europe, AEC Europe is responsible for the distribution and retail network development of the American brands. Over 125 European AEC dealers were officially appointed and authorized by the manufacturer. The service portfolio of the importer towards its network includes market homologation, warranty, parts, recall administration as well as financial services but also certification and training.